CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Before and After






I can't believe I'm gonna post this here but I am. Back in March of 07 I decided I was gonna try and shed a few pounds. I had been doing the gym routine 3 days a week at Total Fitness with David Kimbel but kept getting bigger it seemed. I weighed in at 268 pounds at my highest. A friend at work who had lost a lot of weight after having gastric bypass and kept it off suggested I try a low carb diet. He loaned me the Atkins book and I gave it a go. When I started my initial goal was to lose 30 pounds. That happened fairly quick. I then set my goal to get my weight to 199 pounds. I stumbled over Thanksgiving and Christmas and I'm trying to get back on track. I'm currently at 218 pounds. I'm happy with the 50 pound drop but have promised myself I'm gonna get to 199 if only for 1 day to say I achieved it. These pictures will be my reminder and hopefully my motivation to make it happen.

8 comments:

Carla said...

zzWay to go, Scott. Keep it up and you will reach that goal, soon.

Valerie said...

Awesome! That's what it's all about: setting goals and reaching them. Congrats on the weight loss.

mommy of girls said...

Way to go Scott!!! I joined Total Fitness January 2nd of this year. (Which happens to be the BEST fitness facility in Bowling Green for anyone out there looking for a great gym!) So far I have lost 13 pounds...not that anyone can tell, but one day it will be more, and then more noticeable! Keep up the good work. Maybe I need to borrow your book! :-)

Lisa said...

Great job,Scott! I too have committed to working out more often and eating better. I started working with a trainer back in October and have just recently met with a dietician at TFC. I have only lost 10 lbs. so far, but that is better than none-and I haven't weighed this week!! Keep up the good work!

Jessica said...

You are looking awesome Scott. I never remembered you being that big, before. But now that I see the before and after photos, I can tell! I am so proud of you! Keep it up!

Jessica said...

Yes, Steph...we will need to plan another day out again soon. I love hanging with other moms! It's great education! Had fun at the mall, too! I just ordered some more Gymboree stuff on eBay! I am addicted!

About Me said...

I was noticing this morning in class how thin your face looked. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Burt, you are stinkin' hot! I mean that in the most manly way possible... OK, I'm going to shut up now.