CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 11, 2008

Removing wallpaper


Wow. Could anything be more frustrating and time consuming than removing old wallpaper? We (Stephanie) decided to paint our master bathroom. Of course it had wallpaper up from when the house was built new. Off to the good old World Wide Web to find out the easiest way to get the stuff down. We followed directions to the letter. Guess what. Didn't work. We're now knee deep in the project and having loads of fun. Can't you tell? -Scott

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Wallpaper always seems to be a never ending task! In fact, I once tried to hire someone to take off wallpaper for me... they told me that it was stuck on too bad and that it would be cheaper to hang new dry wall.... and so that's what we did. Good Luck!

The Burton Family said...

I hope we don't have to resort to that.

About Me said...

The trick I learned from Carla is vinegar water. Score the paper the use a sponge in a bucket of vinegar water. Works like a charm!

Scott Burton said...

We've got the paper down after 3 days of work. Now we are gonna do the brown paper bag trick instead of painting. Our other bathroom is done this way and we really like it. I'll post pictures when we're done.

Terri said...

Hey -
I tried and tried to post the other day but it wouldn't let me. Equal parts white vinegar and water was the recipe I was going to give. Glad you got the paper down though! Nice to see you blogging.